Maycomb Capital is a pioneering effects investing system. We give financing across asset courses to fund techniques and enterprises that transform communities. At Maycomb, we know that the world’s challenges demand endurance, creativity, and an appreciation for complexity. We drive capital towards successful alternatives for underserved communities, working with facts and demanding evaluation to tutorial our decisions. We recognize scalable and sustainable paths to constructive improve, tackling entrenched social and financial challenges. By harnessing the scale, expertise and danger tolerance of the private sector in support of the community excellent, we’re demonstrating what’s feasible with mission-targeted, flexible funds.
We’re named for Maycomb County, the placing of Harper Lee’s common novel To Get rid of a Mockingbird. Lee utilised Maycomb, a fictional district in Melancholy-period Alabama, as a backdrop for her common tale of the pursuit of justice. Her story sparked conversations about fairness that nevertheless resonate nowadays. Maycomb seeks to go on this dialogue, bringing ground breaking strategies to mild by means of motion.
Instructional Sources Influence Fund
The Academic Assets Influence Fund (ERIF) is a person of Maycomb’s Customized Techniques, a $15 million demonstration fund that aims to assistance nonprofit developers and vendors of superior good quality instructional supplies, specially these presented as open educational means (OER). The fund’s investment decision method is to present versatile debt funding to these corporations to diversify their cash resources and empower long run growth.
The fund’s mission is to a) aid the development and sustainability of these nonprofit organizations so that much more pupils, especially individuals who are Black, Latino, English learners, or affected by poverty, obtain accessibility to these large good quality tutorial products and b) take a look at this investment decision strategy in the market place to decide if these organizations can successfully repay personal debt funding and if this method can crowd in extra expense capital in the potential.
The fund been given anchor commitments from the Monthly bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the W.K. Kellogg Basis, the Charles and Lynn Schusterman Spouse and children Philanthropies, and the William and Flora Hewlett Basis.
The Education Finance Guide will have the duty for supporting a number of aspects of ERIF. This particular person will help the crew with enterprise growth attempts, underwriting loans that harmony financial return and effect, and taking care of investor relations to assure that updates, responses and lessons figured out are effectively communicated again to the funder team and other advisors. The perfect prospect will have foundational expertise in educational resources and finance/investments with a curiosity to mature his or her profession across new ability sets.
Observe that this placement is for a two-year preliminary engagement only. The position may possibly be prolonged if the ERIF raises a next fund.
Duties consist of:
- Lead business advancement and sourcing efforts to detect high-quality investment decision opportunities for the fund that align with business variety requirements and the funders’ charitable objective.
- Operate with the workforce to underwrite, approve and shut financial loans to qualified debtors.
- Regulate the general portfolio, together with checking particular person financial loan/group efficiency, giving technological support to debtors, examining ongoing fiscal and affect reporting obtained from debtors, and modifying/restructuring financial loans as required.
- Deal with relationships with the funder team, the advisory committee and other governance bodies, which includes making the agenda, preparing collateral materials, and follow-up as essential.
- Build impression collateral, which includes monitoring impression metrics across the portfolio, drafting qualitative situation scientific tests, and sharing lessons realized from this pilot fund to be shared equally with the funder team and publicly.
The great candidate will have the subsequent:
- Solid domain knowledge in the academic assets market, which include market dynamics all over the creation and sales cycle of tutorial resources and most effective procedures about good quality expectations and cultural responsiveness.
- Familiarity with or experience in finance or investments, with a preference for direct lending practical experience to nonprofit companies.
- Some prior knowledge of fund structures, financial investment procedures, and operations.
- 5-10 several years of related do the job encounter throughout the previously mentioned parts.
- Sturdy interpersonal techniques and a team participant with the capability to stand for Maycomb and the ERIF to many stakeholder groups.
- Aggressive positive aspects
- Wage will be aggressive and commensurate with knowledge
How to Apply
Please send out a duplicate of your resume and statement of interest to Educational Resources Effect Fund at firstname.lastname@example.org with the topic line “Education Finance Lead”
Our agency actively seeks out candidates who provide with them a motivation to racial fairness and a numerous set of lived experiences.
No telephone phone calls, remember to. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted
Task expires in 26 times.