AUSTIN, TEXAS — Twelve startups have been selected to participate in consumer packaged goods accelerator SKU’s upcoming cohorts in Austin and Atlanta.
Participating brands receive funding and mentorship from dozens of entrepreneurs, industry experts, executives and investors. Two concurrent 12-week programs will culminate in pitch events and include a curriculum covering such topics as mission and vision, branding, channel strategy, supply chain and innovation.
Businesses were chosen based on product innovation, market traction and founders’ strengths and coachability.
SKU Austin ’22 companies are based in Texas and the Midwest region and include:
- Happy Moose, a maker of juices and functional wellness shots featuring upcycled, heirloom produce sourced directly from independent family farms
- Mesa de Vida, a provider of chef-created meal starters and salt-free seasoning blends
- Raeka Beauty, a brand of Ayurveda-inspired beauty products
- Rollin’ n Bowlin’, a developer of make-at-home smoothie and acai bowl pouches
- Tend, a brand of nutrition bars containing prenatal vitamins and minerals
- Yips Yogurt Chips, a brand of snackable chips made from Greek yogurt
SKU Atlanta ’22 companies are based in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic regions and include:
- Beyond the Equator, a maker of pantry staples formulated with seeds, including chia, pumpkin, hemp, sunflower, flax, watermelon and cranberry
- Holmes Applesauce, a brand of applesauce based on family recipes
- Mocktail Club, a creator of sophisticated, ready-to-drink non-alcoholic cocktails
- NoBull Burger, a maker of veggie burgers incorporating organic lentils and grains
- Pulp Hot Sauce, a producer of small-batch fermented hot sauce featuring Georgia-grown peppers
- Up to Good Energy, a brand of beverages created with cascara, the caffeinated fruit of the coffee berry that is typically discarded
A sponsor for SKU Atlanta is Coca-Cola North America’s New Revenue Streams division, formerly the Venturing and Emerging Brands unit, which spans Topo Chico, coffee, non-alcoholic mixers, home equipment, new business models and select mergers and acquisitions including Body Armor. Other SKU Atlanta partners include Atlanta-based Goods & Services and Craft Catalyst and Charlotte, NC-based Silver Falcon Capital.
Epic Provisions, Siete Foods and Peatos are among the more than 90 companies that have participated in SKU since it was established in 2011. Over the past three years, SKU has developed programs in additional cities, including Dallas, Minneapolis and New York. M/O, a track supporting minority-owned businesses in partnership with Naturally Austin, launched last year.